You know how much we love to give stuff away, and we're now extending that to our Facebook page too!
Now that Facebook allows contests on company pages, we've gone ahead and unleashed a bunch! We'll be featuring them randomly, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled on the MyMacs Facebook page to enter them all.
What could you win, you ask? Well, that's top secret, but you can be pretty sure that some Mac's gift cards will be involved somehow...
Hello everyone, glad you could make it on such short notice.
I’m sure you’re all wondering why I’ve gathered you here. I won’t tiptoe around it –this meeting is of a serious nature. Certainly you all remember the Zombie High: Back 2 School Contest that ran in Mac’s stores and online last fall. You know – Zombies, game codes, fantastic prizes...
Well, if you thought that was the last we would see of those brain-hungry Zombies, you thought wrong.
Zombies have taken over Edward von Hootenflier High School, and it’s up to YOU to destroy them. Now listen very carefully.
Between February 4th and March 31st, you will be awarded a game code receipt for every $5 you spend at Mac’s (excluding lottery). DO NOT LOSE THIS CODE — it may be the only chance we have at survival. Next, register at MyMacs.ca and play the Zombie Game. Each time you redeem a game code, you will have the chance to take out Zombies and save humanity!
So what’s in it for you? The more you play, the more points you rack up, the greater your chances of winning some very cool instant, daily, weekly, and even GRAND prizes! Not to mention you will have saved us all from a Zombie Apocalypse.
Well, what are you all doing just sitting there like a bunch of Zombies? With $25,000 in prizes to be won, Zombie hunting has never been so fun!!
Best of luck, Mac’s Fans. And remember: be careful out there.
—The Mac's West Team
Mac’s AAA Midget Hockey Tournament
2012/2013 Dec. 26th, 2012 — Jan. 1st, 2013
This year marks the 35th Annual Mac’s AAA Midget Hockey Tournament, a holiday tradition celebrating excellence in youth hockey. Every year, this tournament creates “The Mac’s Experience” by bringing together Canadian, American, and European teams and fans for seven days of great competition. Eight teams from Calgary and Area will host teams from Canada, USA, and Europe for a week of hockey here in Calgary. At the conclusion of the tournament, one Male and one Female team will emerge as the Champions of “The 35th Mac’s.”
- 40 teams from across Canada, USA and Europe
- Two categories: Male and Female
- Venues: Max Bell Centre (twin arenas), Father David Bauer and Flames Community Arenas
- Female: 15 teams (3 divisions of 5), total 33 games; Championship Final - Scotiabank Saddledome, January 1st at 2:00 PM MST
- Male: 25 teams (5 divisions of 5), total 59 games; Championship Final - Scotiabank Saddledome, January 1st at 6:00 PM MST
1. When does the Tournament run?
December 26th, 2012 – January 1st, 2013. Full game schedule will be released at the Press Conference on December 18th, 2012.
Female Championship begins at 2PM New Years day at the Scotia Bank Saddledome and the Male Championship follows at 6PM start.
2. Where can I purchase tickets?
You can purchase tickets at Mac’s Convenience Stores in Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, and Okotoks.
You can also purchase tickets on game-days at the following arenas: Max Bell Centre, Father David Bauer Olympic Arena, and Flames Arena.
$10 General Admission tickets are available at the Scotiabank Saddledome for January 1st Championship Day. One admission covers both the Female and Male Championship games.
3. What ticket programs are available through Mac’s?
There are three ways to get tickets and passes through Mac’s Convenience Stores:
- Till Tape Ticket Program (daily tickets and tournament passes)
- The Championship Packs (Championship Day tickets)
- All Star Specials (Championship Day tickets)
TILL TAPE TICKET PROGRAM
Adult Tournament Pass $45.00
Senior/Student Tournament $40.00
Adult Daily ticket $10.00
Senior/Student Daily ticket $9.00
Children (12 years and under) are FREE except for the final game at the Saddledome
Adults (19 – 64 years)
Student (13 – 18 years)
Seniors (65 years and up)
Simply visit any Calgary and Area Mac’s and ask to purchase either daily tickets or tournament passes. Please ensure you receive the entire cash receipt, since you will need these.
The till receipt for the Tournament Passes are exchanged for an actual pass at any of the arenas.
The till receipt for the Daily Tickets are exchanged for an actual ticket at any of the arenas.
Daily tickets are not dated and may be used for any tournament game day, but not the Championship Final.
CHAMPIONSHIP PACK – HARD TICKET PROGRAM
Retail price $20.00
Championship Pack envelope contains:
- FOUR tickets for the Championship Day games at the Saddledome
- 10 coupons for free in-store merchandise
- Package has a value of over $55.00
ALL STAR SPECIALS
From Dec. 12th to Jan. 1st, purchase any of the following products and receive a ticket to the Mac’s Tournament Championship Final on January 1st at no extra cost (value $10.00)
A) Coca-Cola Special
- Purchase 2 for $3.33* – 2 - 591ml bottles of any Coke, Nestea or Canada Dry product *(plus deposit & applicable taxes)
B) Jack Links Special
- Purchase for $8.99* -130 gr. Bag of Jack Links, Original, Teriyaki or Smokehouse Jerky *(plus applicable taxes)
C) Red Bull Special
- Purchase a 4 pack of Red Bull 250ml Cans for $7.99*
*(plus applicable deposit and taxes)
4. What media coverage will there be?
- Press Conference – 11:30am on December 18th 2012 at Westin Hotel, Calgary
- Significant Tournament coverage in the two local daily newspapers
- Every radio and television station carries Tournament results in their sportscasts, as well as interviews and other Tournament featurettes
- We will once again televise both the Female and Male Championship Games. The broadcast will again be on SHAW Cable 10 as well as Shaw Direct throughout most of Western Canada. If you are not able to attend these games in person on January 1st be sure and catch it on Shaw TV. They will be played live on January 1st and will be replayed via SHAW Video on Demand after January 4th and for the balance of the month of January. Female Championship begins at 2PM New Years day at the Scotia Bank Saddledome and the Male Championship follows at 6PM start.
5. What is the Tournament contact information?
For any other questions regarding the tournament or if you are interested in becoming involved by volunteering, please email email@example.com
Follow the Tournament!
SEE YOU AT THE MAC’S!
It was 1965 in Toronto when my sister, who had reached the trustworthy age of 10 and I where finally old enough to walk to our local Macs Milk by ourselves to purchase, guess what, MILK !!! At that time the milk was sold in gallon glass jugs. Boy, were they heavy. Carrying it home took 2 kids because we had to keep trading off the milk due its weight and our skinny girl arms LOL . If I recall, the change was 10 or 12 cents, which was enough for a Popsicle and and quite a few pieces of loose candy. Ten cents bought a lot of sweets in 1965. What I remember most was the man who ran Mac's somehow knew our names and what we needed as soon as we came in the store. Much later we found out that our Grandmother had phoned ahead to let him know we were coming in and he always called her back after we left the store, just to be on the safe side. That's my first exprience with the now Mac's and even after all these years and provinces away, I still get the same friendly reception at my Mac's and they even still have penny candy, well it's a nickle now, but you have to understand the price increase is not that much considering it's been over 45 years since I first shopped for my familly at Mac's !!!